Breathing deeply is one of the keys to good health. It’s an easy way to relieve tension and pain, and promote relaxation. Increasing the flow of oxygen into the lungs results in improved circulation and cellular health throughout the entire body. Exhaling expels toxins, including carbon dioxide, from the body. Breathing deeply before bedtime is a great way to relax, ensuring a peaceful night’s rest.
For people with respiratory difficulties, including sleep apnea, the CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) machine can literally be a life-saver. The CPAP machine brings a steady flow of pressurized air that is directed into the airways via a mask that fits over the nose and mouth.
Keeping the mask clean is an important way to maintain good respiratory health, because all of the germs and toxins that are exhaled, as well as pore secretions from the skin, remain on the mask, and will be inhaled during the next use. Therefore, cleaning the mask before and after each use is recommended.
Specially-formulated CPAP cleansing wipes are an easy, convenient way to keep CPAP equipment sanitized. Because the CPAP mask comes into contact with the sensitive skin of the face, it is essential to use all-natural, alcohol-free and chemical-free wipes that are safe to use on the skin. Also, because any residue that remains on the mask may be inhaled, CPAP wipes should be fragrance-free. Many people are sensitive to fragrances, or may become sensitive to them if they are exposed to them for a prolonged period of time. Fragrance and chemical sensitivities can cause a multitude of health problems, including headaches, nausea, skin rashes and difficulty breathing.
Look for 100% pure cotton, biodegradable wipes that are unscented, and won’t dry the skin. Wipe both the inside and outside of the mask completely, and allow to air dry, before using. Dispose of the wipe after cleaning.
To enjoy peace of mind and a restful, therapeutic breathing experience with the CPAP machine, use gentle, all-natural and non-toxic Original World of Wipes Professional CPAP mask wipes.
Having trouble falling asleep? Here are some tips to help you breathe deeply, relax and enjoy a good night’s sleep:
1. Make sure your bed is comfortable, with clean linens, warm blankets and supportive pillows.
2. Avoid vigorous activities or exercises before bedtime.
3. Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages before bedtime. Instead, try a soothing herbal tea, such as chamomile or spearmint.
4. Turn off TVs, computers and other electronic devices at least half an hour before bedtime.
5. Take a warm bath or shower before bedtime.
6. Dim the lights and put on quiet, soothing music.
7. If you have too much mental agitation, keep a journal beside your bed to write down your thoughts, so they won’t be repeating in your mind as you try to sleep.
8. Focus on your breath. Inhale fully and feel your lungs, rib cage and belly expanding. Concentrate on exhaling completely. With each exhale, let go of any tension you may be feeling in your body. Consciously breathe slowly and deeply. Visualize life-giving oxygen flowing throughout your body and regenerating all its cells.